1st Shift CNC Machine Operator Level II (3 and 5 Axis) - Hiring Immediately
Reports to: Plant Manager
Type: Full-Time (Hourly)
Location: 1420 Cheyenne Ave. Grafton, WI 53024
Degree: High School Diploma or GED
Shift: 1st Shift (Monday - Friday)
Hours: 6:00 am to 4:30 pm
Bonus Sign-on bonus of $1500
RAM Tool, Inc. is a high-tech CNC machining and manufacturing facility in Grafton, WI. We are immediately hiring for available 3 and 5 Axis Operator II positions. This is a 1st shift position and we are offering a $1,500 sign-on bonus. Responsible for moderate/complex machining, fixturing, tool set-up, in process inspection, and final completion of highly tolerance details (+/- 0.0005). Work with CNC personnel, toolmakers, engineers, and supervisors to plan and execute the most cost-effective method for producing quality parts.
This is not a production machine tool operation position.
Read Full Job Description
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Operates 3 axis and 5 axis vertical machining centers
- Under limited supervision, performs moderate/complex machining and fittings of numerous kinds of parts in support of production and job shop machining
- For basic jobs, layout work from blueprints, sketches, and written specifications
- For moderate/complex jobs, develop processes and setups
- Perform progressive machining operations on work involving close tolerances and/or high finish requirements
- Ensure dimensional accuracy and quality workmanship
- Complete time travelers, time slips, required inspections, and appropriate paperwork
- Provide feedback to improve programs, processes, tooling
- Maintain a safe, orderly, and clean workstation
- Train apprentices and new hires, as required
- High School diploma or GED
- 3-6 years of demonstrated experience or equivalent
Qualifications & Skills
- Proficient ability to read and interpret blueprints & mechanical drawings
- Proficient ability to operate manual and CNC machining equipment
- Proficient knowledge of carbide drills, end mills, inserted cutters, and boring tooling
- Basic knowledge of Mitsubishi Controls, preferred
- Basic knowledge of Heidenhain Controls, preferred
- Proficient knowledge of G & M code programming
- Proficient knowledge of feeds & speeds
- Extensive ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Extensive ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Extensive ability to solve problems using critical thinking skills
- Extensive ability to organize and manage priorities, meet deadlines, and expectations
- Extensive ability to measure/inspect: lengths, diameters, straightness, flatness, etc.
- Proficient knowledge of the machineability of ferrous and non-ferrous materials
- 401K with Company Matching
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Profit Sharing
- Referral Bonuses
- Sign On Bonuses
- Company Paid Disability
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Shift Premiums
- Safety Shoe Reimbursement
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Solid understanding of the fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
The physical demands of the job will include lifting, bending and sitting. Lifting to include picking up, pushing or pulling loads up to 50 pounds. Stand 7 to 8 hours per shift. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
We're Hiring Applicants for 1st Shift CNC 3 and 5 Axis Operator II in Wisconsin
Positioned conveniently in Grafton, Wisconsin, and welcoming talents from West Bend, Port Washington, Milwaukee, Cedarburg, and Hartford, RAM Tool, Inc. seeks a seasoned 3 and 5 axis operator. For those with experience in both 3 and 5 axis jobs and the passion to contribute to a dynamic team, we offer an environment that values your skills and experience.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
RAM Tool is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
U.S. Citizenship is a requirement for all jobs at RAM Tool.