CAD/CAM Designer (Hiring Immediately)
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Type: Full-Time (Hourly)
Location: Grafton, WI
Degree: Associate's Degree
Shift: 1st shift
Hours: 6:00 am to 4:30 pm
Bonus Sign-on bonus of $1500
RAM Tool, Inc. is a high-tech CNC machining and manufacturing facility in Grafton, WI. We are immediately hiring for available CAD/CAM Designer positions. This is a 1st shift position. We are offering a sign-on bonus of $1,500. Designs tools and equipment with computer programs and design skills. Creates drills, broaches, fixtures, and other types of tools and equipment for use in the production process.
Read Full Job Description
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Creates designs of tools, such as Mold dies, Fixtures, broaches, milling-machine cutters, and drills, and related jigs.
- Combines artistic talent with research on tool use, customer needs, marketing, materials, and production methods to create the most functional and appealing design that will be competitive with others in the marketplace.
- Examines specifications, engineering blueprints, tool orders, and shop data and talks with engineering and shop personnel to resolve design problems related to material characteristics, dimensional tolerances, service requirements, manufacturing procedures, and cost.
- Applies algebraic and geometric formulas and standard tool engineering data to develop tool configuration.
- Picks standard items, such as bushings and tool bits, to incorporate into tool design.
- Draws preliminary sketches and prepares layout and detail drawings, using standard drafting tools and equipment or computer-assisted design/drafting equipment and software.
- Modifies tool designs according to trial or production service data to improve tool life or performance.
- Assist with Quoting new tooling and modifications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires a minimum level of knowledge acquired in an associate’s degree and training in QSD, Pro-E, Auto CAD and Solid works
- Knowledge of diecast operations and die design
- Requires previous experience as a machinist or machine setter, operator, and tender along with apprenticeship programs, informally on the job, or training in secondary, vocational, or technical college.
Qualifications & Skills
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints & mechanical drawings
- Understands operation of manual and CNC machining equipment
- Knowledge of carbide drills, end mills, inserted cutters, and boring tooling
- Ability to create 3D models of mold dies, components and parts.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to solve problems using critical thinking skills
- Ability to organize and manage priorities, meet deadlines, and expectations
- Ability to measure/inspect lengths, diameters, straightness, flatness
- Basic knowledge of GD & T
- Knowledge of the machineability of ferrous and non-ferrous materials
- 401K with Company Matching
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Profit Sharing
- Referral Bonuses
- Sign On Bonuses
- Company Paid Disability
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Shift Premiums
- Safety Shoe Reimbursement
The physical demands of the job will include lifting, bending and sitting. Lifting to include picking up, pushing or pulling loads up to 20 pounds. Sitting 4 or more hours per shift; Standing 2-3 hours per shift. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
We're Hiring Applicants for CNC CAD/CAM Designer in Wisconsin
Are you passionate about precision and have a knack for design? Positioned conveniently in Grafton, Wisconsin, and catering to talents from West Bend, Port Washington, Milwaukee, Cedarburg, and Hartford, RAM Tool, Inc. is in search of a CAD/CAM designer. We are focused on individuals adept in CAD CAM jobs and eager to make a mark in the CNC industry.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
RAM Tool is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
U.S. Citizenship is a requirement for all jobs at RAM Tool.