Journeyman - Toolmaker (Hiring Immediately)
Reports to: Tool Room Lead
Type: Full-Time (Hourly)
Location: 1420 Cheyenne Ave. Grafton, WI 53024
Degree: Journeyman Tool & Die Certificate, Technical Degree
Shift: 1st Shift (Monday - Friday)
Hours: 6:00 am to 4:30 pm
Bonus Sign-on bonus of $1500
RAM Tool, Inc. is a high-tech CNC machining and manufacturing facility in Grafton, WI. We are immediately hiring for available Journeyman Toolmaker positions. Responsible for building complex projects including developing manufacturing processes, modifying, repairing, and final assembly of tolerance work (+/- 0.0005”). To include, New & repair tooling, work holding fixtures, build-to-print parts and assemblies, molds, and gauges. Set-up and operate manual and CNC machines to produce precision parts and assemblies. Work with CNC personnel, toolmakers, engineers, and supervisors to plan and execute the most cost-effective method for producing quality parts. This is a 1st shift position and we offer a $1,500 sign-on bonus.
Read Full Job Description
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manufacture and assemble molds with minimum technical supervision, manufacture & assemble complex work holding fixtures, build to print, molds and/or gauges.
- Develop manufacturing processes using both internal and outsourced capabilities
- Layout work from blueprints, sketches, and written specifications
- Manufacture the details to print specifications
- Ensure jobs meet or exceed schedule, quoted hours and budget targets
- Verify the items purchased, raw materials and inventory for each job
- Ensure dimensional accuracy and quality workmanship
- Train apprentices and new hires, as required
- Maintain a safe, orderly, and clean work area
- Complete time travelers, time slips, required inspections, and appropriate paperwork
- Journeyman Tool & Die Certificate, Technical Degree preferred
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience or equivalent
Qualifications & Skills
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints & mechanical drawings
- Ability to operate manual & Conversational CNC machining equipment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to solve problems using critical thinking skills
- Ability to organize and manage priorities, meet deadlines, and expectations
- Ability to measure/inspect lengths, diameters, straightness or flatness
- Knowledge of GD & T, extensive knowledge preferred
- Ability to instruct and coach support personnel
- Self-confident with strong qualitative, analytical, and mathematical skills
- Ability to operate a forklift with training.
- Pre-employment drug/alcohol/physical required.
- 401K with Company Matching
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Profit Sharing
- Referral Bonuses
- Sign On Bonuses
- Company Paid Disability
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Shift Premiums
- Safety Shoe Reimbursement
The physical demands of the job will include lifting, bending and sitting. Lifting to include picking up, pushing or pulling loads up to 50 pounds. Stand 7 to 8 hours per shift. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Works in a manufacturing and production environment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
We're Hiring Applicants for 1st Shift CNC Journeyman Toolmaker in Wisconsin
Every tool is a piece of art when crafted by the right hands. Positioned conveniently in Grafton, Wisconsin, and inviting talents from West Bend, Port Washington, Milwaukee, Cedarburg, and Hartford, RAM Tool, Inc. offers a role for a journeyman toolmaker. We are keen on individuals who have honed their skills in tool-and-die jobs and are ready to contribute to our legacy of excellence.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
RAM Tool is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
U.S. Citizenship is a requirement for all jobs at RAM Tool.